
I had one of those heart stopping mother moments today. Let me tell you about it, My brother came over today with his two boys for a visit and to bring us back our trailer that he had used to pick up some 4 wheelers. Before he had come over I was down stairs doing some sewing, and his visit was unexpected, so the boys came inside and my brother was outside, I went down stairs to clean up my sewing stuff, I heard somebody say Noah was outside! This meaning he was out on the back deck, and if you have been to my house I have really steep stairs going down to the backyard. And my kids now not to leave the back door open, my nephews had went outside and did'nt shut the door. Anyway as soon as I heard "Noah's outside" my heart sank and as I was running up the stairs I heard Noah start to scream, so my first thought was " My little baby just fell down the stairs" so as I'm running I'm thinking my poor little baby is going to be at the bottom of my stairs. So I get up to the top of the stairs throw the gate half way across the room and I get to my back door and see Elijah holding his little brother down so he would'nt fall down the stairs and that's why Noah was crying. You can not imagine the relief that felt the my little baby was okay I picked Noah up and just started crying! because I thought he had fallen down the stairs. I gave Elijah the biggesst hug and told him Thank you for keeping his little brother safe. Elijah said" I stopped him from falling down the stairs mommy, he did'nt fall down the stairs". So needless to say I dont know what would have happened if Elijah was'nt there, because there would have been no way I could have got to Noah in time to prevent anything from happening. I'm just so amazed that a 3 year old new that his brother was in danger, and he kept him safe. So Elijah is my little HERO! and thank you Heavenly Father for watching over us today. Anyways I just wanted to share this drama with you today, because it had a happy ending thanks to elijah.
3 comments:
Way to go Elijah! What a little protector!
Wow! He is SO big too!!
:)
liz
I have seen those stairs!! How scary!! Good thing that Elijah was there!
What a good big brother!
Post a Comment